I’m a small town girl with a big heart. As a senior at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, I’m majoring in Public Relations and minoring in English Literature. My family and friends are extremely important to me and are the greatest support system anybody could ever desire. I work very hard to achieve my goals and dedicate myself to anything I am working on. I am very much a people person and I enjoy talking to and learning about others. To state the obvious, I’m not famous, rich, and I haven’t done anything worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize or any other prestigious award. But, what I am is a hard working person that is doing her best to make sense of this crazy thing we call life–and I think that is something that everyone can relate to!
October 2018 S M T W T F S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- A Simple Trick to Personalizing Your Pitches on a Tight DeadlineThe timeless, endless struggle continues: You, the savvy and realistic PR pro, know it’s better to approach fewer targets with more personalized pitches. But your boss or client keeps pushing you to bombard many more contacts with generic outreach. To them, it’s quantity over quality, like direct marketing. If 10 is good, 100 is better, right? […]
- 10 Takeaways From PRSA’s 2018 International ConferenceAustin, Texas, was the backdrop for PRSA’s International Conference this past week. What’s on the mind of PR professionals these days? The theme: “Communications Convergence” covered a range of topics including conflicts, creativity and client relationships. Crunching numbers (data and measurement) was a hot topic as well. The three-day event was packed with […]
- Conference Recap: Aria Finger on Inspiring Today’s YouthAccording to Aria Finger, most sweeping generalizations about young people are wrong. With her General Session presentation on Tuesday at the 2018 PRSA International Conference in Austin, Texas, Finger set out to debunk the prevailing notion that millennials and Generation Zers are too distracted and unmotivated to be change agents. Finger’s attitude toward […]
- A Simple Trick to Personalizing Your Pitches on a Tight Deadline
- You’re in trouble if your password is “Password” – Inside PR 523The average company has only fair password security. PR is struggling to reinvent itself. And Pew research data suggests the era of massive growth in social media use has ended.
- Crisis Communications Unrealistic Expectations? (Inside PR 522)On this week’s podcast, Gini, Martin and Joe talk about privacy and the continuing interest of government legislators about what the social networks and search engines are doing – and not doing – to protect …
- See what’s happening now on Twitter, again. (Inside PR 521)With Twitter, the old way is better Twitter users everywhere heaved a sigh of relief last week, as Twitter gave users the option to again view tweets displayed by recency. No more need to see …
- You’re in trouble if your password is “Password” – Inside PR 523