I’m a small town girl with a big heart. As a senior at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, I’m majoring in Public Relations and minoring in English Literature. My family and friends are extremely important to me and are the greatest support system anybody could ever desire. I work very hard to achieve my goals and dedicate myself to anything I am working on. I am very much a people person and I enjoy talking to and learning about others. To state the obvious, I’m not famous, rich, and I haven’t done anything worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize or any other prestigious award. But, what I am is a hard working person that is doing her best to make sense of this crazy thing we call life–and I think that is something that everyone can relate to!
April 2018 S M T W T F S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Why Millennials Won’t Unplug From FacebookWhen word got out in mid-March that Facebook exposed raw data on up to 87 million accounts to political consulting firm Cambridge Analytics, many people voiced their discontent. The hashtag #DeleteFacebook started trending. Publications such as Fortune, CNBC and ZDNet wrote up comprehensive guides on how users could deactivate or cancel their accounts. Even […]
- APR Matters to You and the Profession“If I knew then what I know now,” the old saying goes. Life is like that in all respects, sometimes more than others. There’s always much to learn, so much to do and so little time to do it. Yet personal motivation usually leads one on a path toward self-improvement because, after all, we all […]
- How to Uncover Great Story IdeasAre the story ideas that non-PR people bring to you usually lame? Like when a client or someone in another department says, “Oh, we’re doing this thing and it would make a great press release — the media will all want to know about it.” You cringe because you know that nine times out of […]
- Why Millennials Won’t Unplug From Facebook
- Does your business belong on Reddit?Should you use Reddit for your business communications? Will the Reddit community welcome you or even accept you? Mike Connell’s recent article on the Spin Sucks blog launched this week’s discussion. And we didn’t need …
- Seize the (Social Network) PowerWe CAN change the balance of power between people and the social networks. But to do so, we need to be aware that it is our presence that makes social networks economically viable. And we …
- Mark Zuckerberg’s Year of Living DangerouslyMark Zuckerberg is quiet no more. After a period of uncomfortable silence that saw Facebook savaged by privacy advocates and users like us, Zuckerberg gave a remarkable interview to Ezra Klein, suggesting a Facebook governance …
- Does your business belong on Reddit?